Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Flash Fiction - Once Upon a Time

A boy follows his older brother's attempts to free a princess from a dragon in this satirized look at the fairytale genre.


I wasn’t surprised at all when he volunteered to rescue the Princess. I don’t think anyone was. Right away I knew I’d follow him, but not because I didn’t think he could rescue her. I caught a glimpse of the Princess, once, through a small gap in the procession of nobles fluttering around her. A scarlet dress held her slender body, around which all time seemed to freeze, for just that moment, as two jeweled irises glanced at me from a flawlessly formed face. I don’t know how long I stood there, locked in time, with everything still around me, afraid to blink as I watched those eyes. Samson could have anyone. He could have any girl he wanted. But he had to want her.


Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment